Re: Need Help!! - Mailing list pgsql-php

From Heather Johnson
Subject Re: Need Help!!
Date
List pgsql-php
Hi Gurudutt--

Concerning #1, I had a similar problem when porting data from mysql to psql.
I finally ended up just using mysql's COPY command to get the data into
delimited text form, then imported that into psql using its COPY command.
This seems to me to be the easiest way to port over data if your table
structures are exactly the same. If they aren't, then I'd export the mysql
data to delimited text anyway, and write a quick script to import it into a
structurally distinct psql table.

I don't have any good advice for the other two difficulties you're
having---hopefully others on the list can help.

Good luck.
Heather