Re: [HACKERS] Database names with spaces - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Database names with spaces
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> Looks like a bug.  Added to TODO list.

>> I see a todo item
>> * Views with spaces in view name fail when referenced
>>
>> I have another one for you:
>> * Databases with spaces in name fail to be created and destroyed despite

IIRC, createdb and destroydb use "cp -r" and "rm -r" respectively.
Lack of careful quoting in the system calls is probably what's
causing the problem here.

However, I wonder if it wouldn't be a better idea to forbid funny
characters in things that will become Unix filenames.  In particular,
something like CREATE DATABASE "../../../something" could have real
bad consequences...