Re: unchecked out of memory in postmaster.c - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: unchecked out of memory in postmaster.c
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> Tom Lane wrote:
>> I guess I need to point out that those ereport calls already pose a far
>> more substantial risk of palloc failure than the DLNewElem represents.

> Hmm, do they?  I mean, don't they use ErrorContext, which is supposed to
> be preallocated?

Well, we'd like to think that they pose an insignificant risk, but it's
hard to credit that DLNewElem isn't insignificant as well.

If you're really intent on doing something about this, my inclination
would be to get rid of the dependence on DLNewElem altogether.  Add
a Dlelem field to the Backend struct and use DLInitElem (compare
the way catcache uses that module).