[Q] rollback after select? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From V S P
Subject [Q] rollback after select?
Date
List pgsql-general
I have read that
if a given connection has an error,
it first must be rolledback (before any other statement on that
connection can
be executed).

Is this true for Selects as well?
In other words if select fails, should the connection be 'rolledback'?

I am trying to test my error handing
and having problems:

In am multithreaded ODBC c++ app, I do select, it is successful,
 then 'update'

update fails (because I misspelled 'WHERE'), I rollback
but then when I try the same select, the DB says
relation XYZ does not exist (where XYZ is my table)

I do not understand how it is happening.

all my tables are in a new schema I call 'prod', when I connect to the
database
I set right away 'set search_path to prod', assuming that all of the
SQLs now
will be going to 'prod'.

But may be this somehow gets screwed up after a rollback or any other
error?

thanks,
Vlad
--