Re: NIST Test Suite - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: NIST Test Suite
Date
List pgsql-hackers
>> I thought we'd extracted all the interesting juice from the NIST tests
>> a couple years ago.

> I was just chatting with Neil C on IRC and he mentioned that back when
> they were using it at RedHat, PostgreSQL didn't have schemas so most
> stuff failed.

I think he's remembering an earlier iteration.  The mid-2003 patch I
cited is well past 7.3's release date, so it was surely inspired by
testing with a schema-aware PG.

My own recollection is that the other stuff we found in that test cycle
had to do with locale/collation features (eg per-column collation
options), and so there's no point in retesting until some progress is
made on that front ...