Re: pg_dump and pg_dumpall fail when trying to backup database - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: pg_dump and pg_dumpall fail when trying to backup database
Date
List pgsql-general
jack_turer@yahoo.com (jack turer) writes:
> Oh, the rerun of the pg_dump was a little different after the typnamespace
> cleanup, but still failed..

> pg_dump -v mydb | more
> pg_dump: saving database definition
> pg_dump: reading namespaces
> pg_dump: reading user-defined types
> pg_dump: reading user-defined functions
> pg_dump: reading user-defined aggregate functions
> pg_dump: reading user-defined operators
> pg_dump: reading user-defined operator classes
> pg_dump: reading user-defined tables
> pg_dump: could not find namespace with OID 2200
> pg_dump: *** aborted because of error

So you've still got some references to the PUBLIC schema.  That's pretty
interesting --- where are they exactly?  (They might be in
pg_class.relnamespace, but I'm not sure from the above.)

            regards, tom lane