Re: Preventing abort() and exit() calls in libpq - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Preventing abort() and exit() calls in libpq
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Noah Misch <noah@leadboat.com> writes:
> On Fri, Jul 02, 2021 at 11:20:17AM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
>> Ugh.  What in the world is producing those references?

> Those come from a statically-linked libldap_r:

Blech!  I wonder if there is some way to avoid counting that.
It's not really hard to imagine that such a library might
contain an exit() call, for example, thus negating our test
altogether.

I'm now wondering about applying the test to *.o in libpq,
as well as libpgport_shlib.a and libpgcommon_shlib.a.
The latter would require some code changes, and it would make
the prohibition extend further than libpq alone.  On the bright
side, we could reinstate the check for abort().