Re: Improving connection scalability: GetSnapshotData() - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Improving connection scalability: GetSnapshotData()
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> I think the approach of having a long running psql session is really
> useful, and probably would speed up some tests. Does anybody have a good
> idea for how to best, and without undue effort, to integrate this into
> PostgresNode.pm?  I don't really have a great idea, so I think I'd leave
> it with a local helper in the new test?

You could use the interactive_psql infrastructure that already exists
for psql/t/010_tab_completion.pl.  That does rely on IO::Pty, but
I think I'd prefer to accept that dependency for such tests over rolling
our own IPC::Run, which is more or less what you've done here.