Re: BUG #1747: PostgreSQL 'hangs' after prolonged usage - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: BUG #1747: PostgreSQL 'hangs' after prolonged usage
Date
List pgsql-bugs
"Wojciech Sobczuk" <wojtek@nemo.pl> writes:
> Please let me know if you're able to reproduce this bug - you just need to
> put postgresql at a very high load for a long time

No, otherwise we'd have heard a lot more complaints than yours.

You'll need to provide sufficient information to let someone else
reproduce the problem.  This report is not even a start at that.

I would suggest doing some investigation to determine why things get
slower --- eg, is the system starting to swap heavily?  Watching top,
vmstat, pg_stat_activity, etc would probably be informative.

            regards, tom lane