Re: BUG #1747: PostgreSQL 'hangs' after prolonged usage - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Pawel Bernat
Subject Re: BUG #1747: PostgreSQL 'hangs' after prolonged usage
Date
List pgsql-bugs
On Sat, Jul 02, 2005 at 02:12:42PM +0100, Wojciech Sobczuk wrote:
> I have a very busy dual-RAID1 machine, doing tens up to hundreds of queries
> per second.  After around 6 days of running at that kind of a load
> postgresql starts processing queries very very slowly (load jumps to 40 from
> 2) which brings my system to it's knees.  The only thing which helps then is
> hard-restarting postgresql - and then it works fine for another 6 days.
> Rebooting the machine has no influence on the performance so it seems to be
> a postgresql issue.
Erm, what about vacuum? What kind of queries? explain analyze of such
"slow" query might help a lot to find a reason.

p.
--
Pawe³ Bernat; uselessness' lover;
select'<asm'||chr(64)||'asm'||'.'||'flynet'||chr(46)||'pl>'as email;