Re: NIST Test Suite - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: NIST Test Suite
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> Are we able to run more NIST tests now?
> http://www.itl.nist.gov/div897/ctg/sql_form.htm

I thought we'd extracted all the interesting juice from the NIST tests
a couple years ago.  Specifically I recall this fix came out of NIST
testing done by Red Hat:

Implement outer-levelaggregates to conform to the SQL spec, with extensions to supportour historical behavior.  An
aggregatebelongs to the closest querylevel of any of the variables in its argument, or the current querylevel if there
areno variables (e.g., COUNT(*)).  Theimplementation involves adding an agglevelsup field to Aggref, andtreating outer
aggregateslike outer variables at planning time.