AW: Unhappy thoughts about pg_dump and objects inherite d from template1 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Zeugswetter Andreas SB
Subject AW: Unhappy thoughts about pg_dump and objects inherite d from template1
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> I like that a lot.  Solves the whole problem at a stroke, and even
> adds some extra functionality (alternate templates).
>
> Do we need an actual enforcement mechanism for "don't modify
> template0"?
> I think we could live without that for now.  If you're
> worried about it,
> one way would be to not allow connections of any sort to template0...
> in fact template0 needn't be a real database at all, just a
> $PGDATA/base
> subdirectory with no pg_database entry.

I like this "not really a database" idea.
Might even be something for $libdir, no ?
Then all that would be needed is a command that creates a
database from this location instead of template1.

Andreas