Re: temporary tables, plpgsql and yes i bet this has been asked - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: temporary tables, plpgsql and yes i bet this has been asked
Date
List pgsql-sql
Jan Wieck <janwieck@yahoo.com> writes:
>     SPI still needs to learn how to determine  if  a  query  uses
>     temp tables somewhere in order to silently re-prepare queries
>     when required.  And I am absolutely sure this is not an issue
>     we should address in PL/pgSQL. It has to be solved on the SPI
>     level.

Temp tables are the wrong way to think about it.  *Any* invalidation
of schema data referred to in a query plan should cause replanning.
We have a TODO item covering this already, don't we?
        regards, tom lane