Re: lists topic change

From: Simon Riggs
Subject: Re: lists topic change
Date: ,
List: pgsql-www

Tree view

lists topic change  ("Joshua D. Drake", )
 Re: lists topic change  (Alvaro Herrera <-ip.org>, )
 Re: lists topic change  (Simon Riggs, )
  Re: lists topic change  ("Joshua D. Drake", )
   Re: lists topic change  (Andrew Sullivan, )

On Tue, 2007-11-20 at 12:55 -0800, Joshua D. Drake wrote:

> After recent discussion on pgsql-eu it is obvious the description is
> not valid. I only did it for -eu-general because I assume the other
> communities would want to also make their own definition of what their
> lists are for.

Josh, the description is perfectly valid already.

You were asked not to post to an EU list about a non-EU topic by two
people, with nobody supporting your position.

If I insisted on posting in English to the Spanish list, I would imagine
a similar reaction, though out of respect I would not push to see if
that was the case.

Each list has a sensibly defined audience and we shouldn't be too strict
about that. It should be clear you don't do that and I would expect any
regional list to be the same way.

--  Simon Riggs 2ndQuadrant  http://www.2ndQuadrant.com