Re: lists topic change - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Joshua D. Drake
Subject Re: lists topic change
Date
List pgsql-www

On Tue, 20 Nov 2007 21:38:48 +0000
Simon Riggs <simon@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:

> On Tue, 2007-11-20 at 12:55 -0800, Joshua D. Drake wrote:
>
> > After recent discussion on pgsql-eu it is obvious the description is
> > not valid. I only did it for -eu-general because I assume the other
> > communities would want to also make their own definition of what
> > their lists are for.
>
> Josh, the description is perfectly valid already.

Obviously I disagree. I was confused by what very little non
descriptive description it has. I was trying to make it clearer for
people.

> You were asked not to post to an EU list about a non-EU topic by two
> people, with nobody supporting your position.

What in gods name are you talking about? I wasn't pushing a "position"
something that in your blind stubbornness you have yet to figure out. I
was trying to understand the scope of the list which *is not documented
anywhere*

> If I insisted on posting in English to the Spanish list, I would
> imagine a similar reaction, though out of respect I would not push to
> see if that was the case.

Somehow you have made absolutely zero sense in this sentence. I didn't
post English to a Spanish list. I posted about a community conference
to a community list.

I now realize that the community list in question (eu-general) exists
to talk about specific European issues. I did not know that before as
it is *NOT DOCUMENTED ANYWHERE*. I thought, it was just like
pgsql-general except that it was centered around the European
geographical area.

It has since been pointed out to me that I was incorrect in my
assumption which is fine but I felt that it should be documented so
others don't make the same mistake.

I have zero idea why you have gotten all upset about this.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

- --
PostgreSQL solutions since 1997  http://www.commandprompt.com/        UNIQUE NOT NULL