Selecting all but a few fields in a query - Mailing list pgsql-general

From thefronny@gmail.com
Subject Selecting all but a few fields in a query
Date
Re: Selecting all but a few fields in a query  (brian <brian@zijn-digital.com>)
List pgsql-general
I have a table with a lot of fields, some of which are type TEXT. I
seem to have a lot of occasions where I'd like to see almost all of
the fields in a query but a SELECT * will pull in the text fields,
which then wrap across the screen, even using \x. Is there a variation
of SELECT that is something like 'select all fields except these here
WHERE...'? This would save me a lot of typing. I checked the docs but
missed it if it's in there.

thx