Re: ALTER INDEX set fillfactor - Mailing list pgadmin-hackers

From Simon Riggs
Subject Re: ALTER INDEX set fillfactor
Date
List pgadmin-hackers
On Fri, 2007-10-05 at 21:24 +0100, Dave Page wrote:
> Simon Riggs wrote:

> > It would be even better if there was an option to do that CONCURRENTLY,
> > i.e. add the new index and then drop the old one afterwards. (It's
> > unfortunate that there isn't a REINDEX concurrently, but there isn't
> > yet).
>
> Funny - I suggested that to Greg just the other day...

Sorry, I meant in the absence of REINDEX concurrently, we can issue:

CREATE INDEX CONCURRENTLY newindex
DROP INDEX oldindex

on each index on the table in turn, which does the same thing.

--
  Simon Riggs
  2ndQuadrant  http://www.2ndQuadrant.com