Re: [HACKERS] Minor bugs and a formatting gripe - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Minor bugs and a formatting gripe
Date
List pgsql-hackers
>> BUT: I am not happy that the script chooses to reflow block comments.

>      `Box' comments. Indent assumes that any comment with a dash or
>      star imme- diately after the start of comment (that is, `/*-' or
>      `/**') is a comment surrounded by a box of stars.  Each line of
>      such a comment is left un- changed, except that its indentation
>      may be adjusted to account for the change in indentation of the
>      first line of the comment.

> Do you still want me to turn it off?

Ah.  OK, learn something new every day ;-).  Now that I know how to
control it, I can live with it.

A suggestion: it'd be worth making an entry in FAQ_DEV that talks about
coding style conventions and points out that people should expect to
have their code reformatted by pgindent.  As I don't have indent
installed on my system, I have very little idea what to expect from it;
I can't readily consult the man page.