Re: pgsql-patches considered harmful - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: pgsql-patches considered harmful
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> On Sunday 09 July 2006 20:00, Greg Stark wrote:
>> BIRT pgsql-patches should be abolished in favour of something else that
>> accomplishes the bandwidth-reduction aspect without the downsides.

> Alternatively, people could just use patches for patch submission and keep all
> discussion on hackers.

If this is chosen as the preferred path, we could get the list bot to
add "Reply-To: pghackers" in pgsql-patches postings to help push
discussions there.  I'd vote for doing the same in pgsql-committers,
which also gets its share of non-null discussion content.