Re: Building PostgreSQL 9.6devel sources with Microsoft Visual C++ 2015? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Building PostgreSQL 9.6devel sources with Microsoft Visual C++ 2015?
Date
Re: [GENERAL] Building PostgreSQL 9.6devel sources with MicrosoftVisual C++ 2015?  (Sandeep Thakkar <sandeep.thakkar@enterprisedb.com>)
List pgsql-general
> On Mon, Jan 4, 2016 at 9:40 PM, Sandeep Thakkar
> <sandeep.thakkar@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
>> ... We tried building it with Visual Studio 2015 and Windows 10
>> SDK, but see build errors like
>>
>> src/backend/utils/adt/pg_locale.c(809): error C2037: left of 'locale_name'
>> specifies undefined struct/union '__crt_locale_data'

> I am afraid that's not within the support range now.. Like similar
> builds with MSVC in the past, this is surely going to need some teaks
> with _MSC_VER flags. Just nobody got around yet to patch the code.

That particular chunk of code is quite MSVC version dependent; read the
comments for it.  It's annoying but not especially surprising that they
broke it in an upgrade.  Somebody will have to research how one is
supposed to get the appropriate locale name now.

            regards, tom lane