Re: Building PostgreSQL 9.6devel sources with Microsoft Visual C++ 2015? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: Building PostgreSQL 9.6devel sources with Microsoft Visual C++ 2015?
Date
List pgsql-general
On Mon, Jan 4, 2016 at 9:40 PM, Sandeep Thakkar
<sandeep.thakkar@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
> As per the installation doc available here,
> http://www.postgresql.org/docs/devel/static/install-windows.html
>
> the sources can be built with Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 to Microsoft Visual
> C++ 2013. Does it mean the higher version like Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 is
> not supported? We tried building it with Visual Studio 2015 and Windows 10
> SDK, but see build errors like
>
> src/backend/utils/adt/pg_locale.c(809): error C2037: left of 'locale_name'
> specifies undefined struct/union '__crt_locale_data'

I am afraid that's not within the support range now.. Like similar
builds with MSVC in the past, this is surely going to need some teaks
with _MSC_VER flags. Just nobody got around yet to patch the code.
--
Michael