Re: BUG #15309: ERROR: catalog is missing 1 attribute(s) for relid 760676 when max_parallel_maintenance_workers > 0 - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: BUG #15309: ERROR: catalog is missing 1 attribute(s) for relid 760676 when max_parallel_maintenance_workers > 0
Date
In response to Re: BUG #15309: ERROR: catalog is missing 1 attribute(s) for relid760676 when max_parallel_maintenance_workers > 0  (Peter Geoghegan <pg@bowt.ie>)
List pgsql-bugs
Peter Geoghegan <pg@bowt.ie> writes:
> Attached are two patches that each fix the issue -- a conservative
> patch for v11, as well as a patch that actually propagates relmapper.c
> state, for the master branch. It would be good to get a +1 on both
> before pushing.

I took a quick look at these.  The v11 patch seems OK as far as it goes,
but I wonder if you shouldn't also include the RelationMapUpdateMap
hunk from the master patch, ie adding rejection of map changes in parallel
mode.

I don't have any objection to the master patch, but it'd be good to get
a +1 from someone who's spent more time with the parallelism
infrastructure than I have.

            regards, tom lane