Re: pgwin32_safestat weirdness - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: pgwin32_safestat weirdness
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> I'm confused about the current state of the pgwin32_safestat stuff.

Me too.  I tried to fix it a couple of days ago, but seem to have only
moved the problem around :-(

> Cygwin is now building happily, but MinGW is now broken on libpq. It
> looks like libpq now needs dirmod.o or maybe libpgport.a. What I really
> don't understand though is why MinGW is broken but MSVC isn't.

I don't think we should import dirmod.o into libpq; it's too big.
I suggest either

(1) Assume that we don't need "safe" stat for frontend code, and
compile the safestat stuff only when !defined(FRONTEND)

(2) Split safestat into its own file and include that in libpq.

I'm not touching it myself though, since I have no way to test it.