Re: pgwin32_safestat weirdness - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: pgwin32_safestat weirdness
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Andrew Dunstan wrote:

> I'm confused about the current state of the pgwin32_safestat stuff.
> Cygwin is now building happily, but MinGW is now broken on libpq. It
> looks like libpq now needs dirmod.o or maybe libpgport.a. What I
> really don't understand though is why MinGW is broken but MSVC isn't.

I don't know why MSVC survives that without digging deeper, but the
original patch had the redefine only if !defined(FRONTEND), but that
seems to have been lost in Toms fix and it's now always redefined.

Tom - was there a reason it now runs in FRONTEND as well, or was that
an oversight?

//Magnus