Re: BUG #7485: 9.2 beta3 libxml2 can't be loaded on Windows - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: BUG #7485: 9.2 beta3 libxml2 can't be loaded on Windows
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org> writes:
> So Sachin and I have looked at this but not found a problem with the
> installers. He then found that one of our colleagues has already
> reported this as an issue with PostgreSQL and submitted a possible
> patch. So, we need a committer to look at fixing this:

> http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2012-06/msg00874.php

Seems pretty brute-force.  Why not just

#if LIBXML_VERSION > 20703
#define HAVE_XMLSTRUCTUREDERRORCONTEXT
#endif

in some suitable place (probably xml.c itself, since I don't think we
want to #include xmlversion.h in global headers)?

Or actually, maybe we could just unconditionally define
HAVE_XMLSTRUCTUREDERRORCONTEXT in pg_config.h.win32.  Is anybody
likely to still be building PG with ancient libxml on Windows?

            regards, tom lane