Re: Using GIN indexes on 8.2 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Jeff Davis
Subject Re: Using GIN indexes on 8.2
Date
List pgsql-general
On Fri, 2006-11-10 at 20:39 +0300, Teodor Sigaev wrote:
> >> Use @>, <@ operations instead of @ and ~
> >> Look for discussions in -hackers for reasons of changing names
> >
> > Ah, many thanks. How about updating those web pages? :)
> Now they are in core:
> http://developer.postgresql.org/pgdocs/postgres/functions-array.html
>

> >> Pls, why don't you use tsearch2 with GIN?
> >
> > Perhaps -- is there any documentation on this?
> Nothing special, just use GIN index instead of GiST.

I think a section showing when to use GiST versus GIN would be very
helpful (assuming there are still good reasons to use GiST). I would
certainly read it.

It would also be helpful to update the docs to use GIN where
appropriate.

Regards,
    Jeff Davis