Re: "cancelling statement due to user request error" occurs but the transaction has committed. - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Naoya Anzai
Subject Re: "cancelling statement due to user request error" occurs but the transaction has committed.
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi,

> Well, the only other principled fix I can see is to add a new reponse
> along the lines of ERRORBUTITCOMMITTED, which does not seem attractive
> either, since all clients will have to be taught to understand it.

+1

I think current specification hard to understand for many users.
It is really good if PostgreSQL gave us a message such as a replication abort warning:
###
WARNING:  canceling wait for synchronous replication due to user request
DETAIL:  The transaction has already committed locally, but might not have been replicated to the standby.
###

Regards,

Naoya

---