Re: (offtopic) ISO certificates

From: Chris Mair
Subject: Re: (offtopic) ISO certificates
Date: ,
List: pgsql-advocacy

Tree view

(offtopic) ISO certificates  ("Adrian Maier", )
 Re: (offtopic) ISO certificates  ("Harald Armin Massa", )
  Re: (offtopic) ISO certificates  (Peter Eisentraut, )
 Re: (offtopic) ISO certificates  (Andrew Sullivan, )
 Re: (offtopic) ISO certificates  (Chris Mair, )

> "ISO certificate" is quite vague because there are different types of
> certitifcates AFAIK.
> He is probably asking about ISO 9001, for quality system.
>
> I am tempted to answer that we are not ISO certified.  And to explain
> that we will
> probably never have such a certificate because in an opensource
> project it is not
> possible to force everyone to work according to some strict procedures .
>
> Is this correct ?
>
> I'm wondering whether it's true that all EU financed projects must use
> only software
> from ISO-certified sources .

Definitly not true.
Probably some PHB threw some random mention of ISO 9001 into the project
proposal - the project was accepted - and now they're a stuck trying to
comply with this.

Bye,
Chris.