(offtopic) ISO certificates - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Adrian Maier
Subject (offtopic) ISO certificates
Date
Re: (offtopic) ISO certificates
Re: (offtopic) ISO certificates
List pgsql-advocacy
Hello,

This is probably offtopic.  I need some advice about what to answer to
an email received in the ro@postgresql.org mailbox.

------------------
Quoting tiberiu <tiberiu.giurgescu@romsys.ro>:
> Hello,
>
> We have a project which requires PostgreSQL 8.1 database.
> Because it is a EU financed project, we need a ISO certificate for the
> software product.
> If you can help us to obtain a copy of such a certificate, please help us,
> otherwise please forward this request to the right person.
> Give us a feedback soon as you can.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Tiberiu Giurgescu
------------------------

"ISO certificate" is quite vague because there are different types of
certitifcates AFAIK.
He is probably asking about ISO 9001, for quality system.

I am tempted to answer that we are not ISO certified.  And to explain
that we will
probably never have such a certificate because in an opensource
project it is not
possible to force everyone to work according to some strict procedures .

Is this correct ?

I'm wondering whether it's true that all EU financed projects must use
only software
from ISO-certified sources .

--
Adrian Maier