Re: Creation of temporary tables on read-only standby servers - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Creation of temporary tables on read-only standby servers
Date
Re: Creation of temporary tables on read-only standby servers  (Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us>)
List pgsql-hackers
> Greg Stark wrote:
>> It seems to me simpler and more direct to just nail relcache
>> entries for these objects into memory and manipulate them directly.
>> They can be constructed from the global catalog tables and then
>> tweaked to point to the backend local temporary tables.

> Funny, but that is how I implemented temporary tables in 1999 and lasted
> until 2002 when schema support was added.  It actually worked because
> all the lookups go through the syscache.

... and as I recall, we got rid of it principally because the temp
tables weren't visible to ordinary catalog lookups, thus breaking
all sorts of client-side logic.