ODBC access: how to restrict the tables view and column detail? - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From alain.butzberger@efi.com
Subject ODBC access: how to restrict the tables view and column detail?
Date
List pgsql-novice
My issue: using postgre with odbc for crystal report access. I created
a specific user which can read only one view, which is a compile info
from different tables. When in crystal report editor, using that
restricted user I can view all the data of the view, but data from any
of the table. BUT I can see the name of all the tables existing in this
application, and more then that, I can see all the columns of each of
the tables in this database.

Question: how can I hide the existence of the tables and their design,
(not just prevent data access, which is working fine.)

Remark: using currently psql (PostgreSQL) 7.2.1 and also psql
(PostgreSQL) 8.1.3