Re: tap tests remove working directories - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: tap tests remove working directories
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> One of the things that makes the TAP tests very difficult and annoying
> to debug is their insistence on removing their data directories. I'm not
> sure why they are doing that. We don't do that with pg_regress. Instead
> we have clean targets to remove them if necessary. I suggest that we
> either disable that altogether, and provide cleanup make targets, or at
> least make it optional, say by setting an environment variable, say
> TMP_CLEANUP or some such. There is probably a good case for defaulting
> that to off, but I could live with it being on.

I thought we'd decided awhile ago that best practice would be to
auto-remove temp directories only on success.  Is that a workable
behavior for you, or are you concerned about being able to poke
around even after the test thinks it succeeded?