Re: how to use pg_resetxlog - closer ... - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: how to use pg_resetxlog - closer ...
Date
List pgsql-general
"Johnson, Shaunn" <SJohnson6@bcbsm.com> writes:
> Recap:  Running PostgreSQL 7.2.1 on RedHat Linux 7.2
> and I just experienced a RAID failure with the DB
> still active.  Tom pointed me in the area of the file
> '1249' which was no longer in my database directory.
> I copied that from anther directory and got part
> of the way there.

Uh, that will most definitely NOT work.  You've installed some other
database's list of table columns.  If you can't resurrect the original
pg_attribute file for this database (did you look in /lost+found?)
then I think you are well and truly screwed :-(.  Time to revert to
backup, because there is no hope of extracting anything useful.

            regards, tom lane