a web framework for postgresql? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From falcon
Subject a web framework for postgresql?
Date
Re: a web framework for postgresql?  (Peter Wilson <petew@yellowhawk.co.uk>)
Re: a web framework for postgresql?  (Reid Thompson <reid.thompson@ateb.com>)
List pgsql-general
Hi,
Most of the web applications I work on are nothing more than front-ends
to postgresql.  I have used Perl (CGI), Java, C# and am now looking at
Django.  Each generation of frameworks lessens the pain of donig
web-apps, but it still seems redundant.

Does any one know of a framework where the database server (or a
web/app server integrated with a DB server) serves web pages?  The
database contains the data-model; names of tables, names of attributes,
their types, foreign key relationships among tables...that's A LOT of
information.  Sql query, views or stored procs could serve as 'reports'
served off the data.  Perhaps the only thing that needs to be outside a
database is something that describes how the data is to be displayed
(CSS).  There could be some java/c#/python/ruby/whatever engine which
takes all the information provided in the database and generate
html/xhtml, default css, javascript validation, etc....but all that
should be invisible to the user.

Any one know of such a framework?

(I'm asking this in pgsql because such a framework will have to be
fairly closely linked to a database...and I mainly use pgsql).