Re: SQL TYPE MAP such as SQL_CHAR, SQL_NUMERIC , etc - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Scott Marlowe
Subject Re: SQL TYPE MAP such as SQL_CHAR, SQL_NUMERIC , etc
List pgsql-general
On Thu, 2006-02-23 at 15:31, Emi Lu wrote:
> >Maybe it is us that need some clues from you.
> >

> We use perl DBI to read table names, column names, and column types from
> Oracle rdb 7.3 through ODBC, and then try to create tables into postgresql.
>
> Through perl DBI, we got:
>

> Column Name                     Type  Precision  Scale Nullable?
> ------------------------------  ----  ---------  ----- ---------
>
> col1                         1     4          0     Yes
> col2                         1     4          0     Yes
> col3                         1     2          0     Yes
> col4                        4     11         0     Yes
> col5                        3     4          2     Yes
> col6                        93   13         0     Yes
>
> I'd like to know how to map the integer type value "1, 3, 4, 93, etc" to
> SQL_type?

Assuming that those type numbers come from Oracle, you got me.  Can you
use some oracle tool to look at the table structure and compare it to
the numbers you get and make a map?

If they're numbers from Oracle, you likely won't get much help here.
Only a few folks here are all that intimate with oracle's inner
workings.  Heck, I use it every day, and I still don't know this kind of
stuff, and hope I never have to.  :)