Re: is this a bug or I am blind? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Csaba Nagy
Subject Re: is this a bug or I am blind?
Date
List pgsql-general
Ok, that explains then the problem... but the index is arguably corrupt
in this case, with the important difference that it's not even fixable
by reindex...

I guess what the OP really wants is a solution to his problem. If the
table is not too big, a quick fix would be to just drop the index.
Then figure out an encoding+locale combination which can be used to
properly host the same sample data which leads to failure here and still
satisfies the OP's string sorting and other needs, and then dump
reload... or is there other better way to fix things ?

I guess a note in the docs about not using the same
encoding/locale/(postgres version?)/(OS?) combination as the OP would
make sense too ?

Cheers,
Csaba.