Re: TODO-Item: Rename of constraints - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Simon Riggs
Subject Re: TODO-Item: Rename of constraints
List pgsql-patches
On Mon, 2005-12-05 at 10:24 +0100, Joachim Wieland wrote:

> I propose the appended patch for the following TODO-items:
>
>         o %Allow ALTER TABLE ... ALTER CONSTRAINT ... RENAME
>         o Have ALTER INDEX update the name of a constraint using that index
>         o Add ALTER TABLE RENAME CONSTRAINT, update index name also

Patch looks very interesting. I've read the additional docs you supply
and agree with the thought processes therein. Not looked at detailed
coding.

Passes make check for me.

My compiler complains:
pg_constraint.c: In function ‘RenameConstraint’:
pg_constraint.c:726: warning: ISO C90 forbids mixed declarations and
code

This probably allows you to rename an inherited constraint to another
name. Not sure if that is a problem, but it probably ought to throw an
error, but I'm not sure who would care. I'll test some more to see if my
work on inherited constraints conflicts in any way. Patch applies (with
some fuzz) alongside my inherited constraints patch.

Best Regards, Simon Riggs