Re: TODO list comments - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Matt Miller
Subject Re: TODO list comments
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, 2005-08-25 at 15:50 +0900, Michael Glaesemann wrote:
> >> * %Remove CREATE CONSTRAINT TRIGGER
> >>
> > Do we really want to remove it,
>
> Also, I believe CONSTRAINT TRIGGERS are the only way to provide
> transaction level (rather than statement level) referential
> integrity.

Don't deferrable foreign keys give you transaction-level referential
integrity?  From the SET CONSTRAINTS doc:

Synopsis
SET CONSTRAINTS { ALL | name [, ...] } { DEFERRED | IMMEDIATE }
Description
SET CONSTRAINTS sets the behavior of constraint checking within the
current transaction. IMMEDIATE constraints are checked at the end of
each statement. DEFERRED constraints are not checked until transaction
commit.