Re: NLS changes - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: NLS changes
Date
List pgsql-patches
> - makes more translator-friendly the messages in gram.y, because a lot
>   of them are only a keyword away of being equal.  This avoids having
>   the translator process the same thing several times.

Hm, I deliberately left those the way they were on the basis of the
advice in the NLS documentation: avoid assembling sentences out of
fragments.  Now I can see that the type names involved in these things
might be considered untranslatable, but could there be any problems
with, say, gender matching in some languages?

As an active translator, you probably have a better feel for this than
I do, but I just wanted to point out that there was *some* thought
behind doing it this way.  I'm fine with changing it if other
translators agree it's better.

            regards, tom lane