Re: out of memory - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Scott Marlowe
Subject Re: out of memory
List pgsql-general
On Tue, 2005-04-26 at 09:02, Hugues-Vincent Grislin wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have a problem when i try to execute my request :
>
> ERROR:  out of memory
> DETAIL:  Failed on request of size 336.
>
> (I had execute the " VACCUM" before)
> It's a SELECT which contains several jointures (simple ones, 1-1).
> With 5 jointures there is no problem but with 6, i have this error.
>
> config :
> Postgres 7.4.7
> Linux Redhat 7.0
> RAM : 256 Mo
> swap : 256 Mo
>
> I found some threads about that but no answer.
> Thanks,

Have you analyzed the database?  Try that first.  If you still get an
out of memory error, try setting enable_hashagg off (set
enable_hashagg=false;) and then running the same query again and see if
it then works.  If it does, post the result of

explain analyze YOURQUERYHERE

If it doesn't post the output of a plain explain, no analyze.