Re: Alter strings that don't belong to the application - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Alter strings that don't belong to the application
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Dennis Björklund <db@zigo.dhs.org> writes:
> On Thu, 12 Jun 2003, Tom Lane wrote:
>> I'd call that a bug in psql.  Where do you see it happening exactly?

> It's the utf-8 validation function (mbvalidate) that removes characters
> that it does not understand.

I think the string ought to be copied first ... although that might
create memory-leak problems.  Could you take a look at fixing this,
while you're in the area?

> ps. I'm being blacklisted by your email server.

I can whitelist you if you have a stable IP address --- is that a static
or dynamic assignment?