Re: Best practice in postgres - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Robert Treat
Subject Re: Best practice in postgres
Date
List pgsql-general
On Fri, 2004-12-10 at 17:49, Nilesh Doshi wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I'm new to postgres, so I need your help.
>
> We are in the process of migrating from oracle to postgres. DB size is about
> 400gb.
> My question is about schemas in oracle and postgres. Does every schema in
> oracle becomes a separate database in postgres ? OR it is still like oracle,
> where all schemas are part of big database ?

I'm pretty sure you want schema -> schema and not schema -> database,
mainly because the semantics for querying across databases are much more
cumbersome than querying across schemas.  If you are not doing any cross
schema work, then it probably doesn't matter as much.

Robert Treat