Re: [GENERAL] Difficulty modelling sales taxes - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Adrian Klaver
Subject Re: [GENERAL] Difficulty modelling sales taxes
Date
List pgsql-general
On 01/02/2017 06:38 AM, Melvin Davidson wrote:

> On Mon, Jan 2, 2017 at 6:29 AM, Frank Millman <frank@chagford.com

In a perfect world yes, but this is a world with ORM's as I found out
the hard way:

https://docs.djangoproject.com/en/1.10/ref/models/fields/#primary-key

"The primary key field is read-only. If you change the value of the
primary key on an existing object and then save it, a new object will be
created alongside the old one."

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com