RE: Copy and serial type problem - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Creager, Robert S
Subject RE: Copy and serial type problem
Date
List pgsql-general
You don't indicate how you're executing the copy.  If you're using a
script/program, just add your own counter as the first field in the copy.  I
do this 'all the time' from Perl scripts, and it works fine.  If you're
using psql, I haven't a clue unless you massage the input data before doing
the copy.

Rob