using NEW in a trigger calling a function in plpgsql... - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Creager, Robert S
Subject using NEW in a trigger calling a function in plpgsql...
Date
List pgsql-general
Hey,

I'm attempting to create update/insert/delete triggers which end up relying
on two functions, add_influence and remove_influence (both plpgsql
functions).  I've attempted to call these functions which accepts a known
table as a parameter, and am PERFORM'ing a call to that function with NEW as
the parameter.  The error I receive is: ERROR:  NEW used in non-rule query.
Can I accomplish this in plpgsql, or do I need to switch over to C/C++?  I
would prefer to not re-select the data info another variable...

Thanks,
Rob

Robert Creager
Senior Software Engineer