RE: COPY problem - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Creager, Robert S
Subject RE: COPY problem
Date
List pgsql-general
Tom believes there may be a memory leak, which would be causing the
(strangely enough) memory problem.  Didn't think about reducing the import
size.  What I might try in that case would be to re-connect to the db
periodically, rather than splitting the file.  The problem becomes
unmanageable after around 15000 entries, so splitting 2.5M lines wouldn't be
pleasant (167 files).

Thanks,
Rob

Robert Creager