pqReadData() - backend unexpectedly closed the channel - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Scott Price
Subject pqReadData() - backend unexpectedly closed the channel
Date
List pgsql-general
To:  Tom Lane, and Postgresql.org staff,

This is a message in response to the one sent by Frank Miles on Tue 7 Nov 2000 11:11:29 -0800 (PST).

I have been experiencing the same problem as the gentleman, Frank Miles, when running Postgre SQL.  I have been
repeatedlygetting "pqReadData - backend closed the channel unexpectedly.  This probably means that .... the backend
abruptlyterminated before or while your request was being processed" (or something close to those words).  The last
responseI saw from postgresql.org to Frank was from a fellow Tom Lane asking to see a core dump.  Since I experienced
thisproblem I would like to send you a core dump of my file (which is gzipped), core.gz, and if you all could give me
anyexplanations or recommendations, I'd appreciate it.

Postgre SQL Version 6.5.3 on i686-pc-linux-gnu, compiled by gcc egcs-2.91.66.

My email:  scott.price@sci.com

Thanks,

Scott M. Price

Attachment