How to create/initialize/access an execution plan - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From oozmen@cs.uwaterloo.ca
Subject How to create/initialize/access an execution plan
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi all,

I need a help and an advice on playing around execution plans. I need a direct
access to a 'plan structure' and change some fields. Even one step more, I
need to create an execution plan directly w/o issuing an SQL statement (i.e.
skipping parser and optimizer phases) and initialize (fill in the fields) it.

I searched a lot to find a suitable documentation and example set, but I
couldn't find any. If you give some advices on how to create a plan
node/structure (directly w/o an sql statement or query tree assuming
that I have my own plan in my mind) and how to play around it (change
fields), I would really appreciate it.

Thanks in advance,

PS: I tried to access fields of a plan returned by SPI_prepare(), but I
couldn't manage it either.

This mail sent through www.mywaterloo.ca