Re: Acceptable/Best formatting of callbacks (for pluggable storage) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Acceptable/Best formatting of callbacks (for pluggable storage)
Date
Re: Acceptable/Best formatting of callbacks (for pluggable storage)  (Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de>)
List pgsql-hackers
> The pluggable storage patchset has a large struct full of callbacks, and
> a bunch of wrapper functions for calling those callbacks. While
> starting to polish the patchset, I tried to make the formatting nice.
> So, putting the parameter list, both in use and declaration, entirely
> into a new line yields decent formatting with pgindent. But it's kinda
> weird.  I can't really come up with a better alternative, and after a
> few minutes it looks pretty reasonable.

> Comments? Better alternatives?

Use shorter method names?  This sounds like an ugly workaround for
a carpal-tunnel-syndrome-inducing design.