Re: Postgresql + containerization possible use case - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Adrian Klaver
Subject Re: Postgresql + containerization possible use case
Date
List pgsql-general
On 12/10/21 01:24, Achilleas Mantzios wrote:
> Hi

> The idea for future upgrades is to containerize certain aspects of the
> software. The questions are (I am not skilled in docker, only minimal
> contact with lxd) :
> - is this a valid use case for containerization?
> - are there any gotchas around postgersql, the reliability of the system ?
> - since we are talking about 4+ basic services (pgsqk, jboss, uucp,
> samba), is docker a good fit or should we be looking into lxd as well?
> - are there any success stories of other after following a similar path?

My question is what is it going to change? The software in the
containers still need to be maintained/upgraded and now you have added
maintenance and management of the container software and communication
between containers.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com